Potato Salad with Vegetables, Herbs and Pomegranate
This Potato Salad is loaded with color from vegetables, herbs and even pomegranate arils. The trick to getting the most flavor out of this recipe is to pour the sauteed onions and Bakto Visionary Vinegars Balsamic Pomegranate over the potatoes while they are still warm so that they absorb the most flavor from the dressing. It’s perfect for picnics because, besides being delicious, there is no mayo to spoil in the sun.
YIELD: 14 Servings
- 3 pounds tri-color new potatoes
- 2 large onions peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Crafted Kosher Bakto Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 bunch radishes washed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions(green and white parts) washed and sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate arils seeds from one pomegranate
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley washed and chopped -leaves only
- Wash potatoes. Place them in pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced by a fork. Drain potatoes in colander. When they have cooled, slice potatoes into 1/4 inch rounds and place them in mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are boiling, you can heat the olive oil in the skillet over a medium flame. Add chopped onions and saute them until they are golden brown. Add balsamic pomegranate vinegar and stir well. Pour onions and vinegar over sliced potatoes and toss gently.
- Add sliced radishes, scallions and pomegranate arils to the potatoes and toss again. Taste. Season with salt and pepper. Take half the chopped parsley and mix it with the salad. Sprinkle the remaining half on top. Serve at room temperature.
- Chana Stern